Rhapsoidia is an icharod from the musical planet of Tonos, which was discovered 11 years ago by TraVerse. The curious alien was one of those chosen to be emissaries and learn about the world outside of their planet. While on Hellion, Rhapsoidia gained a new view on the world, and became a part of the conflict with some more malevolent aliens.
|Please remember that events described in this article are roleplay and acting. Actions done in-character do not reflect on the actual person portraying the character!|
During one of TraVerse expeditions, they found a planet of the most musical race now known to the Evanaris System. The Icharods of Tonos communicate in a kind of music that is created from their body, and it is all around them. It has been a couple decades since the discovery, and a few have been sent off to learn of the greater universe. Rhapsoidia, with his great curiosity and comparatively young age, was chosen as one of these emissaries.
Rhapsoidia and his kind can replicate any sound he hears, and his hearing is incredible. Additionally they pick up on verbal language and the playing of musical instruments, and they can cancel any sound originating in a small area around them if they so choose. Unfortunately, their hearing is very sensitive, they have difficulty reading, and their biology is mostly unknown.
Having made connections, and learned more about the world outside of Tonos, Rhapsoidia returned home for a time. However, to the surprise of many, Rhapsoidia was contacted to come back to Hellion to take the position of Governor of the Outer Ring of Salvation City, which had been vacated by Viktor Easmine the day of his previous departure. After studying written common, as well as the governmental structure of the Evanaris System, Rhapsoidia returns to Hellion to lead the union in Salvation City the best he can.
- Major Edge: Resonant - Rhapsidia can make all kinds of sounds with his body, including music. He can also “hear” things with his body that most people can’t. This includes, but isn’t limited to hearing through thicker objects, footsteps, especially heavy ones, and the music of the world. (in-world background music) Because his body vibrates, he can use that to break certain objects if the resonant pitch is found.
- Minor Edge: Understanding Sound - While he hasn’t heard everything, if given a little time, he can begin to learn at least the intent of any language communicated verbally, and he can understand the basics of instruments. It is accelerated even more if someone is actually teaching him.
- Minor Edge: Counter Sound - Rhapsoidia can choose to vibrate his body to cancel out sounds that originate within a few feet around him.
- Major Flaw: Dissonance is the Devil - Loud and/or dissonant sounds cause Rhapsoidia physical pain, causing him to shut down for a few moments because of the pain in extreme cases.
- Minor Flaw: Audio Communicaiton - Icharods don’t have written language, and as such they can’t read. Rhapsoidia has been taught some basic things, but it was difficult to teach him the little he knows, and fonts still confuse him.
- Minor Flaw: Alien Biology - The biology of Icharods is mostly unknown to Avalon, especially their vibrating skin, which acts as their way of hearing and communication. Puncturing his skin messes with his ability to hear properly, and while it can fix itself naturally like human skin, Avalon and other medical practitioners can’t provide medical assistance without research.
- The icharods in Neon Divide are based on a race of the same name created by Zabson and altered to fit the Evanaris System.
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/zabson
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMtvJA3JZk506i7-GKBBBvA
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZabsonVR
- Collection: https://www.twitch.tv/collections/WV7ZeVc4PxYwIw