Raleigh Seren is a Demi-Human known for her Arcane talents. She specializes in Alchemy and helps teach other magic users in the Sanctum of the Undercity. She is portrayed by Neither in Neon Divide RP. 
Once a human who used to work as a dancer at The Dirty Diamond club in The Row she became magically inclined ever since contracting a curse after The Necromancer incident 2 years ago. Going through various changes she would have a kind of traumatic rebirth becoming encapsulated and later coming out of some kind of magical "egg".
Ever since her memory has remained foggy. She has bouts of not being quite sure where she is, who her friends are or what she is meant to be doing.
|Please remember that events described in this article are roleplay and acting. Actions done in-character do not reflect on the actual person portraying the character!|
Raleigh's parents abandoned her when she was young. With no one to take care of her, she ended up in the slums with nothing to her name. She survived by eating whatever scraps the local restaurants would leave. Once she hit adolescence her magical powers began to rise within her, but it wasn't normal. Her body generated so much mana that it began to affect her physically, deteriorating her insides and making her cough up blood often. She was found nearly dead on the street by her now adoptive mother Kee’ra Diamond who gave her a job in her brothel the Dirty Diamond.
Having a unique quirk in that she generates a vast amount of mana which she has never been able to handle it properly. During The Necromancer incident Raleigh went through several traumatic events, from being possessed and striking a loved one, to having a zombie child run up, hug her, and call her "Mama" while others were being attacked.
Ever since the encounter she has been trying desperately to cure her PTSD and move past everything, but mental scars from dark magic don't go away easily.
As time went on her magical condition worsened, coughing a lot more often. She got what treatments she could via medicine and Kee’ra draining her, but deep down she knew these were just bandaids and her days were numbered. Still she kept trying, interning at the Magic Sanctum under Kythus researching all she could about her condition. Still nothing worked and time kept moving, eventually leading to parts of her body dying off, and functioning solely off her mana. Slowly each part of her went, first the stomach, the lungs, the heart, and the last part being her brain.
Once her brain died her heart started pumping again, her blood flowing, black in color. Suffering terrible amnesia throughout the entire process. All of this leading to her enveloping herself in a Dark sphere brimming with Shadow magic. Raleigh at some point contracted a Curse, it's not known when but signs of her condition first appeared one year prior. The Curse normally would convert one's entire being into the element of Shadow, deteriorating them down to the soul and making them fade away to nothing.
However when it came into contact with Raleigh's pre-existing condition of rapid mana growth it was a stalemate between the two, a constant war within Raleigh. The Curse constantly converting mana and deteriorating the body, and her Mana Overflux constantly making more, following wherever the Curse went. In a way the Overflux afflicted the Curse just as the Curse afflicted Raleigh. And once the Curse ran out of body to mindlessly escape too, it was forced to interact with nothing but her soul and mana.
Within the sphere Raleigh’s entire body was converted into the black blood that once flowed through her veins filling the sphere, leaving just her Spirit, her Overflux, and the Curse. As these three entities were forced to interact, the Curse rapidly converting mana to Shadow, the Overflux ceaselessly making more mana, and Raleigh's Spirit serving as a catalyst. They fused, ending the stalemate and with the black blood used her Spirit as a base to create a new body entirely of Shadow. She was awoken from the sphere by Sheila, a Shaman from the Wasteland.
With a new body, memory issues, and an acclimated Curse. There’s no telling what lies ahead.
|Season 2 Traits|
|These may no longer apply.
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/neither_vr
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/NeitherVr
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/xNeitherWolfx
- Season 2 Collection: https://www.twitch.tv/collections/0KT5nZnwGxbj2g
- A cultural bow
- Giving Rikky a flight trip
- Damien hits on Raleigh
- New Manyu ship?
- Manyu & Raleigh spar
- Raleigh's private talk with Rikky
- Raleigh's private talk with Rikky & Manyu part 2
- Raleigh's private talk with Rikky & Manyu part 3
- Raleigh's private talk with Rikky & Manyu part 4 / the reveal
- Raleigh wants to help Rikky
- Rikky talking with Raleigh while they leave
- Thaddeus brutally kills Raleigh
- Raleigh asks Rikky for armor
- Rikky finds Raleigh injured
- Rikky protects Raleigh, Korgak and Razz from Data Wrath
- Raleigh finds out Rikky IS ripped a.f.!
- Raleigh detects death trap
- Raleigh sacrifices herself to save tortured spirit talkers
- Polka knights Raleigh
- Thaddeus attacks Friend & Raleigh, Rikky saves Raleigh's life
- Rikky comes across Raleigh
- Goldman shocked Raleigh doesn't want anything from him
- Damien gave his phone number to Raleigh
- Rikky ships Damien with Raleigh
- Raleigh broken after Damien flirted
- Rikky catches confused Leonard whispering about Raleigh
- Uppercity crushing on Raleigh/Rikky calls Leonard his favorite
- Sheila and Raleigh update Rikky
- Raleigh flies Rikky to Union Tower
- Rikky invites Raleigh, Sheila & Manyu sleepover at his apartment
- Manyu & Raleigh spar outside Rikky's apartment
- Rikky walks into a magical Manyu/Otto x Raleigh moment
- (EXTRA) Goldman carried by Raleigh
- Rikky finds Raleigh in Manyu's bed
- Raleigh tells Rikky that she did not sleep with Manyu/Otto
- Rikky tells Raleigh what he learned from his past
- Rikky gives Raleigh a home
- Raleigh wonders if Goldman is also ripped and have real gold teeth
- Raleigh informs her activities with the volcano
- Goldman finds out about Damien tried to make moves on Raleigh
- Goldman confronts Damien about his moves on Raleigh
- Rikky teases Raleigh/thinking like a corp
- Rikky teases Damien about Raleigh
- Raleigh sends message to Rikky.. but Rikky doesn't know how to reply
- Rikky orders Raleigh to get GEB guards & Manyu kids meals
- Raleigh's shield protects half of group from lava rocks
- Group notices Raleigh's missing
- Rikky finds out Raleigh is out of the plane and not around
- Raleigh is freed from corrupted crystal
- Raleigh shares Rikky her ideas to heal Otto before she leaves
- Lars interrupts serious Raleigh & Rikky talk
- Raleigh compares Manyu / Otto to hammered meat
- Raleigh gives Rikky an alchemist book / Manyu / Otto arrive just in time
- Raleigh explains alchemy to Rikky
- Raleigh shares Rikky her ideas to heal Otto before she leaves
- Raleigh vents to Rikky that her house is haunted
- Raleigh tells why she enjoyed working with Rikky
- Raleigh & Rikky say goodbye til next time
- Manyu / Otto is sad about Raleigh
- Manyu "likes" Raleigh?
- Sheila, Rikky, Pillbug & Sean Ward tease Otto for "liking" Raleigh
- Raleigh singing I Don't Want To Set the World On Fire
- Rikky to Raleigh & Manyu: "Be safe, you crazy kids!"