The Loli Police Department, also known simply as the LPD, is a group of VRChat users using Loli Police officer models to entertain bystanders by enforcing the law within VRChat.
The department was founded in early 2018 by former Chief Sarma under the original number of precinct 60. The group roleplays as police officers in order to create funny interactions with the VRChat community. They also try to fight against harassment in any shape or form. It is the forefront of justice in the virtual realms of VRChat.
On November 17 of 2019, Sarma resigned as LPD chief and decided to close his Discord server. Since then Rickity, Hroi, RocketInaPocket, Wolta, Nathanimall and Tide rebuilt the community, reforming it as Precinct 18 on November 18th, 2019, just after the nuking of the old server. Rickity served as the chief during the early days of the new server being formed, but stepped down due to personal issues. In early 2020, Hroi became Chief of the LPD after Rickity, supported by DrCheesebuger and TheGamingExite and later on RookieRanger as Deputy Chiefs. However, on the 7th of March 2021,Molls picked up were Hroi left off, becoming the new chief with DerpiCat and Notshane as the new Deputy Chiefs.
The community resides in its official Discord server and follows a strict ruleset called "The Handbook". The handbook informs officers about how to behave as an official LPD police officer.
Leading officers of the LPD community are called "White Shirts" because they use Miko Patrols with a white uniform. Though if desired, Staff members may have a white shirt with a non-Miko character.
White Shirts (LPD Leadership)
- Notshane - Assists with the Developmen Team.
- TheFoxyDemon - Lead of the LMT Trainers & Division alongside Orazzy
- Karet - New Owner of the LPD Station, and updates it regularly.
- Nightwisp - Leader of the Prison Team
- 4 - Assistant Avatar Development Team Lead, with Mushiiii leading the team.
- Harunene - Programming team with Advisor Hroi, and helps with the Korean Speaking Officers of the LPD.
- Khangaluwu - Lead of the Instigators - (people who are chosen to instigate at events.), and leads the Video Production team.
- Dono - In charge of the Trainers Team with Fukaziroh as his Assistant Team Leader.
- Delayed - In charge of the Event Host Team.
- Tris: NEET Lord
- A Staff sergeant is a Sergeant that is trying out as a White Shirt. This rank is a temporary rank that is only granted for one month, after that time the member either gets promoted to lieutenant or moved back down to sergeant.
- Delayed (Lieutenant) - Became a Lieutenant.
- DrCheeseburger (Lieutenant) - Advisor.
- Hroi (Chief) - Advisor.
- Rickity(Chief) - Rejoined.
- RocketInaPocket (Captain) - Retired.
- RookieRanger (Deputy Chief) - Retired.
- Tide (Deputy Chief) - Retired.
- Wolta (Captain) - Retired.
- Jones26 (Lieutenant) - Retired.
- Nathanimall (Lieutenant) - Rejoined.
- Saintofwar3 (Lieutenant) - Rejoined.
- TacticianRobin (Lieutenant) - Rejoined.
- =RUAA= (Captain) - Retired
- NeonicBlueStar (Lieutenant) - Retired.
More ranks of the LPD
- Sergeant - A sergeant is a pillar of the community and a role model for other officers. They are the on scene supervisor when a higher ranking officer is not on scene.
- Corporal - A member who has been trusted to set a good example for the ranks below, they frequently join LPD activities and lead groups.
- Senior Officer - A member who has attended senior officer training and has proven themselves a capable leader and has good knowledge of the LPD.
- Officer - A proven member of the LPD community, they are active in VRChat and on the discord.
- Recruit - Trial member of the LPD, they have gotten training but need to follow the example of the regular LPD members and learn your way around!
- Cadet - Recently accepted members in the LPD, they still need to get training before starting to go patrol or participating in events.
Today, the LPD carries out a daily assortment of events for the community to partake in every week under the command of several Event Hosts.
Although the LPD was initially founded to protect Lolis against lewders, it quickly developed into a full-fledged VRChat police force. Today, the LPD is promoting a self-image of comedic interaction under the guise of "protecting the security of VRChat." This group is mainly operating for entertainment. Though, if the need arises, LPD officers are known to help users.
They do a variety of different events for the community. They can range to doing bait/sting operations with involving a loli selling illegal drugs, or getting illegal headpats, to doing civic services and helping the community, especially people who are new to VRchat. In january of 2021. they have started their new series on the Youtube channel, called LPD Files. Khangaluwu is the one who is in charge of filming the series. The first episode was released on February 14, but after a few months it was taken down due to Copyrighted music. In May of the same year, they re-released it with a whole custom soundtrack.
The LPD has used many avatars over the years, with the Mikos being the most prominent. The brief history of the LPD avatars can be found a separate page, The history of the LPD Avatars.
Standard Patrol: These are the avatars most recognize the LPD for, these avatars are worn by all officers of the LPD with staff members (Lieutenants and up) wearing a white shirt in place of a blue one, gold rank pins (Sergeant and above for rank pins) and badges. Although mikos are what the LPD has mostly used, other base models have been used as well such as the Ukon and Kemono Friends MMD base.
Patrol Rifles: Patrol rifle avatars keep to their namesake, with only Senior Officers allowed to carry them and using rifles, shotguns, and other equipment.
Vehicles: There are several cars and trucks used by the LPD with patrol cruisers being the most prominent.
Special Loli Response Team: This is the SWAT of the LPD, with more gear and equipment comparably to the other avatar types. Only specially trained LPD personnel are allowed these avatars, wearing black to denote their branch.
Loli Medical Technician: Much like the SLRT, LMT avatars are only issued to trained personnel, with a main focus on healing others. These avatars are equipped with many tools to treat wounded officers and civilians alike.
Correction Officers: With the introduction of the prison, a need for officers to maintain the prison is a role filled by these avatars. Although training is not as extensive as the other branches, these avatars use less than lethal weapons to maintain the prison, with a clear brown shirt in place of a blue one.
Dress Uniforms: As stated previously these avatars have a focus on optimization, this due in large part to the other avatars having a difficult time with lag when in large instances. These avatars are only used during briefings and large gatherings.
Custom Avatars: These avatars have been created outside the LPD Development team for personal use, with official LPD avatars only given approval by a LPD development team member and a staff member. These avatars adhere to a no-nonsense guideline set out to insure the quality of LPD avatars.
Specialty Avatars: In the history of the LPD, several avatars have been used despite not fitting into the mainline categories, these avatars are either limited time; as seen with the anniversary 3rd Gen LPD 1.0 avatars and the sheriff uniforms; a role specific avatar, i.e. with the range-master and bait avatars (old and new), where one avatar is needed to fulfill that role; or a prop avatar used in LPD media such as the LBI detective (as seen in LPD VRChat Stories EP:1).
The LPD has two social media pages. On their Twitter profile you will find up to date information and entertaining pictures and videos. Their youtube channel was recently revived with new content, which is ran by Khangaluwu and the social media team.
Media Content (Reworking)
After the nuke, Khangaluwu began work on the new series for the LPD, called LPD Files. This is a small documentary of a new recruit, called Marney. They go through the metaverse of VRCha and explore the story of the Love Gang. As of October, they have released two episodes so far, with a 3rd episode in the works.
Their twitter page is filled with content that is posted within their twitter images channel, which is edited by the social media team, and shown on the twitter page