|Please remember that events described in this article are roleplay and acting. Actions done in-character do not reflect on the actual person portraying the character!|
Juno comes from another settlement in the wastelands; she was born a human, but afflicted by an eventually deadly disease with an impossible cure in her situation. Desperate for help, she began looking for help outside of what little medical services were offered in the wastes, away from her home town in search for a rumored scientist who had performed miracle work before.
She no longer remembers the scientist by name or appearance, but the service he offered left a huge side effect: she ended up changing into mostly a cactus; donning green skin, hair made of cactus, and blood with cactus juice. She had been spliced with the DNA of a San Pedro cactus, leaving the most of her human aspects to her bipedal form, brain and heart.
- Major - With direct sunlight, a healthy amount of water and enough time in a safe area, Juno can begin the process of re-growing limbs, were they to take heavy damage or even be removed. This takes a full day to heal, but the limb acts as normal once it has finished re-growing.
- Minor - Juno studied and knows her way around some medical procedures, and carries a small medkit on her person in case it needs to be used outside of a clinic. Inside it is bandages/gauze, a water bottle, salve, and needle + thread.
- Minor - The properties of her blood have a psychoactive effect (Chemical compounds that can alter mood, perception and cognition.) As well as a psychoactive medical agent, like anesthetic and painkillers.
Once she has drawn her blood, she stores it in two syringes attached to a gauntlet on her wrist. These two syringes are all the blood she can draw in a single day or else she becomes nauseous and tired.
- Major - Although the fall had resulted in something positive (albeit unknown to most), the trauma of falling from a height only a story or more tall and damaging her limbs to the point of removal and regrowth sparked such a fear in her that she is unable and unwilling to pass through any area about a story or more tall. The only exception is if she is able to be guided through with someone around her, whether that's carrying her through or holding on to her so she can close her eyes.
- Minor - In her transformation, Juno suffered from muscle mass loss. Much of it was replaced with the biomatter of a typical cactus. From this, she lost a significant amount of strength.
- Minor - Juno takes in and stores energy from direct sunlight, it's also one of the ways she acquires energy. When she's in any place without sunlight she begins to get tired very quickly. While she can still take in a little energy from neon and artificial lighting, it's still not enough to keep her at her peak. This effect begins after one hour, continually worsening the longer she stays without light. While she's in this state, she cannot form cactus spikes, is clumsy to the point of being useless in any medical form, and needs to rest in direct sunlight for two hours before she is recovered.
- Collection: https://www.twitch.tv/collections/AX7RyIRmzxaxag
Artwork by ShadowStaar