"Imagine you are born into a room with no windows or doors. What would you truly know? Only your experience of that place. What would change if you knew there was a whole world beyond? Would it change you? " ― Damien, Introduction to Astral Planes 101
Damien Masaru is President of the mysterious Megacorporation Talaris presiding over corporate operations on Corvanis 3.
Damien is best known publicly as a thought leader in magical research. He's published several renowned academic papers. His specialties are astral projection and extraplanar entities. His thesis on the astral is the currently accepted authority on the subject.
Professionally, Damien has created several new Talaris product lines in Savior City. Advertising magical enhancement in everything from beauty to fitness, these products are sometimes criticized for questionable MLM tactics and a lack of empirical data that shows their efficacy. These products have brought billions into Talaris in recent years.
He is also known as an accomplished academic mage. He speaks on Atlantis media, at corporate events, and at schools concerning magical theory. Certain tabloids have claimed that Damien possesses immense magic knowledge, others say that his work is only theoretical. Sensationalist media claims that Talaris seeks to control the darker powers of magic under his leadership. No proof of this has ever been found.
It's known that Damien was born into a wealthy family. He attended a Talaris-sponsored school for aspiring corporate mages.
In the Holonet Documentary "The Strange Tale of Talaris" it is said that Damien once ran the Talaris division for corporate surveillance and astral projection research. He moved quickly through the ranks to Senior Management after several supposed breakthroughs. He was invited to lead Talaris by the corporate board after a few years in Senior Management.
Product production line
Though his work as President of Talaris is speculated on, Talaris' profits have increased substantially under his watch. New product lines he has introduced include:
- Perfumes and Cosmetics purported to magically enhance attractiveness and allure. These products went untrusted by many of the Tech Megacorps, but they were an instant hit within Talaris and on the Callous Row street markets.
- Fitness and Weight Loss products that promise supernatural results. A major hit among the wealthy in the Corporate towers.
- An Astral Surveillance program using wind spirits to run security on high-end clients. This is Talaris answer to Nirvana insurance contracts, and it is a favorite of managers throughout the corporations.
Talaris frequently publishes data on the efficacy of these products, though no one from outside of the corporation has ever collaborated on it.
Season 2 Episode 1 and 2
|Editors Note||Feel free to assist in adding a recap for what occurred on stream here.|
Damien is one of Corvanis 3's leading magical theorists. He is a frequent guest of Corporate Universities and often a guest speaker in magical research classes.
His work in astral theory is the currently accepted understanding of its planar nature. Several academics reference his research papers, collaborated by Talarian mage-scientists on the bleeding edge of research. Damien has also written the first treatise on interactions with Free Spirits, though no mages outside of Talaris have met them.
Initiate Grade ?? Mage
As President of the world’s leading corporation for magical pursuits, Damien is rumored to be a magic user himself. It's unclear if he simply dabbles with the occasional incantation or if he has some actual knowledge of spellcasting himself.
Interviewers have gone on record saying that Damien carries himself with a bizarre confidence for an unaugmented human. He has a predatory confidence befitting of a man behind a bulletproof wall - despite appearing entirely ordinary.
- Assensing ??
- Spellcasting ??
- Counterspelling ??
- Summoning ??
- Banishing ??
- Ritual Spellcasting ??
Unknown Magical Prowess
Damien sometimes creates small cantrips for demonstrations of magical theory during his coursework. His actual spellcasting ability, if any, is unknown.
At a public speaking event in Callous Row, witnesses claim that a mug thrown at Damien shattered in mid-air before reaching him. Officials were unable to collaborate this story.
Damien has full access to Talaris' immense resources. This may potentially include any of the vast amount of employees of the Talarian organization.
Including but not limited to:
- Talaris Magic User Resources
- Talaris Financial Resources
- Talaris Hit Squads and Guard Resources
The PLATINUM Lazerus Program Nirvana Contract - Damien is insured under the highest level of Nirvana life insurance contract. Any serious threat to him is quickly answered by dispatching a High Threat Response (HTR) team to his location:
- Corporate Map: ?? RESPONSE TIME UNKNOWN
- Callous Row: ?? RESPONSE TIME UNKNOWN
- Undercity: ?? RESPONSE TIME UNKNOWN
- Wastelands: 20+ Minutes or Unavailable
Major Flaw | High Profile
Damien's entire career and history are based on his reputation. People in his world have everything to lose. Details specific to his public reputation and how it interacts with Talaris and the greater powers of Corvanis 3 are unknown.
Minor Flaw | Infamous / Servitude
Damien’s actions are always under scrutiny. As Talaris direct representative in Savior City, he must constantly be aware of his actions.
Minor Flaw | Pure
Damien appears to be completely unaugmented - an almost unheard of trait for someone at his level. Reasons for this are not known.
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/devinnash
- YouTube: Devin Nash YouTube Channel
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DevinNash
- Friend meets Damien for the first time.
- Damien asks WOTO to have a partnership
- Damien casts a spell... kinda.
- "How's your *****?"
- Damien laughing at mention of previous encounter
- Damien laughs with Mr. Goldman about WOTO Cube string idea
- Damien's magic works
- Rikky asks Damien about Thaddeus
- Damien believes he's a weirdo.
- Damien briefly laughs at Mr. Goldman's plan
- Damien Death Star
- Damien explains spirits with WOTO
- Damien vents that magic didn't impress the higher ups
- Damien warns WOTO about free spirits
- "Norman, I don't know what to do with you this is fucked up."
- Damien fires Norman
- Devin trying his hardest not to murder Norman
- Damien executes Norman
- "A fundraiser in Talaris, dude?"
- Damien asks about how Friend's contract works
- Damien tries to comfort Friend after breakdown
- Damien's favorite 'types'
- Annoyed Damien calls out Sonitii
- Damien calls out corps & higher ups for incompetence
- Damien informs Rikky who went MIA
- Damien speaks about the cube
- "YEE BOI!!!"
- Damien and Mr. Goldman talk about Friend
- Damien cracks up while Rikky & Mr. Goldman debate
- Damien wants Atlantis to go away
- Mr. Goldman & Damien talk about too many employee in their corps
- Rikky, Simon & Mr. Goldman find Damien at an odd time
- Damien drops his Indian food
- Damien stalks Thaddeus at the Gala
- "DO A BACKFLIP!!! DO A BACKFLIP!!!
- Damien almost decided to kill Jeremiah for Mr. Goldman
- Damien & WOTO trying to help sad drunk Rikky
- Damien gestures Thaddeus to leave the Gala
- Damien's Talaris Slogan: "BE A MAGE WITH A GREAT GREAT RIVER!~"
- Damien wants a confetti gun
- Damien & Rikky watch Super Saiyan Manyu
- Damien disses Union
- Damien meets Manyu
- Damien realizes he ordered to shoot, not capture
- Damien suspects Manyu is a Elementalist
- Damien appears in front of Rikky
- Damien explains broom school to Mr. Goldman & Rikky
- Damien & Mr. Goldman talk about methods to deal with enemies
- Damien knew about Mr. Goldman's future
- Damien finds out that they only have 5 days
- Damien concerned about what will happen to Rikky if Mr. Goldman leaves
- Damien loves the WOTO napalm idea
- Damien informs WOTO about the Undercity chaos
- Mr. Goldman vents with Damien about Quixote being useless
- Damien wishes Rikky good luck and don't die
- Damien shows up to help WOTO with sample
- Damien meets Horizon
- Damien's idea with keeping alien contained
- Damien's pacify magic
- Damien finds out the alien's weaknesses
- Damien explains new plan to deal with alien
- Damien: "Vaccinate THESE NUTS!"
- Damien compliments Rikky's buttons
- Damien petting cats
- Damien crowded by cats
- Friend chases Rikky and Damien apologizes
- Damien admires Rikky
- Rikky & Damien agree to have one last 'bake' if they fail
- Damien throws a powerful shade on Quixote
- Damien says hi to CEO of Atlantis
- Damien explains Talaris plan against alien
- Damien laughs at sound plan
- Damien the boomer
- Damien makes plan for Quixote & Sonitii
- Damien informs Rikky about a "Callous Row burrito" incident
- Damien & Rikky the duo
- Mage (SciFri) calls out Damien
- Damien's arrival
- Damien tells Rikky he can't go fight Thaddeus: "It's not my story, it's YOUR story."
- Damien explains why he can't go fight Thaddeus
- Damien: "I AM cool!... maybe I'm not cool..."
- Mr. Goldman returns and informs Rikky & Damien about the support
- Damien: B.O.R.E.D. meetings
- Damien's alpha testing rituals
- Rikky notices Mr. Goldman fist bumping Damien
- Damien appears in WOTO
- Leonard suspicious of Damien's intent
- Damien's guilt after Jeremiah's death
- Damien's plan about Thaddeus
- Damien thinks Sonitii folks are always high
- Damien's long pause
- Damien calls Sonitii "dog sh#t"
- Damien's idea on getting rid of Thaddeus
- Damien informs WOTO what happened to Riley
- Damien finds out Rikky died
- Damien threatens to start another war if it's a waste of time
- Damien's counting spirit
- Drone arrives and Damien throws shade
- Rikky conflicted and observes Damien & Reynolds after Goldman presidency
- Damien appears behind Rikky and compliments Goldman's speech
- Stressed Rikky begs Damien to help
- Damien senses small connections inside infected
- Damien lies and asks to see Rikky later then disappears
- Jeremiah's funeral: Damien arrives
- Jeremiah's funeral: Damien's serious speech part 1
- Jeremiah's funeral: Damien's serious speech part 2
- Jeremiah's funeral: Damien's serious speech part 3
- Jeremiah's funeral: Serious Damien
- Damien appears in front of Rikky once more
- Devin/Damien thinks AFK Rikky has died
- Damien/Damien goes "BOO!"
- Damien scares the hell out of Rikky
- Damien casts a magic barrier to make conversation private
- Damien dabs
- Rikky & Damien's romantic moment
- Damien informs Rikky that everyone infected is compromised
- Damien owes Rikky a magical blunt
- Happy hoppity Damien is SUSdar
- "I'm a fucking god!"
- Damien's plan to treat infected Goldman without letting alien know
- Damien's smile
- Damien's message
- Damien's reverse trap
- Damien confesses to Goldman what Operation GOPLAN was
- Rikky goes back inside Damien's barrier
- Unintentional Damien x Goldman moment
- Damien gave his phone number to Raleigh
- Rikky ships Damien with Raleigh
- "OOOOOH~ Damien's learning~ OOOOO!~"
- Raleigh broken after Damien flirted
- Damien, Reynolds and Goldman prank Leonard
- Drunk Damien tries to give Leonard comfort by telling the truth
- Drunk Damien tries to do magical surgery to cure infected Leonard
- "Nah, dude, we'll be fine. Don't worry about it!"
- Rikky informs Damien that Razz has died
- Damien calls Rikky "Boss"
- Angry Damien
- Damien leading everybody to Union Twoer during gunfight with aliens
- Damien informs Nirvana is taken by aliens
- Damien informs nuke has been secured and in Goldman's office
- Damien finds out Leonard has died
- Damien tries to cheer up Rikky and disbelief that Leonard's dead
- Rikky informs Damien about what happened to Emelia
- Damien tells Rikky about Granny Phyliss' betrayal
- "I gotta go whack a person."
- "DID YOU BIRTH IT?!"
- Goldman finds out about Damien tries to make moves on Raleigh
- Damien appears as a gremlin and scares the hell out of Rikky again
- Goldman confronts Damien about his moves on Raleigh
- Damien dabs after scaring the hell out of Rikky again
- Rikky teases Damien about Raleigh
- Damien jokes about how he became a powerful wizard
- Damien informs WOTO about Rook.. and dabbed too hard
- Damien informs that Rook shared footage of Dreadnaught Class Vessel coming
- Damien shares info about hivemind
- "FUCK YOUR CAT!"
- Damien informs and tries to invite Goldman & Rikky to vital council mission
- Luca & Vee show up and Damien plays with Vee
- Damien tries to give Luca the update of mission
- Damien & Goldman force Luca to go on mission
- Damien & Rikky share a nerd thing: Bastila
- Damien compares WOTO to a grocery store
- Damien & Goldman tell Luca what happened yesterday
- Damien appears to share update of mission
- Goldman tells Damien to bring meeting to the Uppercity
- Devin fist-bump
- "Imagine walking places."
- Damien could've been a evil wizard
- Goldman - Damien fistbump
- Damien's disturbing turn