"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die." ― Arn
|Please remember that events described in this article are roleplay and acting. Actions done in-character do not reflect on the actual person portraying the character!|
Arnulf is a good man who is guided by a sense of honor. He attempts to do right by those around him, especially those he considers friends. As a blacksmith he is an integral part of the community, and tried his best to pull his weight - while also giving what he can to friends in need. Arn is generally patient and well mannered for a man living as he is - and oddly decent with a sword as well. There isnt much known about the older man, as there are very few willing to meet the steely gaze and inquire - but one cannot help but feel something is off, or that there is more than meets the eye.
- Major - Loyal Bannermen: Arn was well known and respected amongst the bannermen of his former King, in the Kingdom of Giwen. Though the alliance and kingdoms have fallen, men remember faces and past actions. There are still some out there that would put their life on the line to help this man, should he find them.
- Minor - Seasoned Swordsman: Arn has spent a lot of time training alongside his retinue. He believes that someone who leads, must from the front, and so he kept up with his men. He can hold his own against multiple foes in melee.
- Minor - Veteran Medic: Arn has been in his share of conflict, and knows how to perform basic medical attention. He cant stop you from bleeding out, but he can buy you time.
- Major - Treason: Arn refused to bend the knee when the Empire defeated the kingdom of Giwen. He watched as his king was beheaded, and before he could meet the same fate, managed to escape. Arn is wanted in the Empire for treason, and should someone of the Empire discover him, they will come for his head en masse.
- Minor - Broken Things: Arn understands how life has become incredibly hard for the peoples of the world. While he believes in relying on yourself to stay afloat, he has a soft heart for broken and misused things. He cannot harm children, and would heavily hesitate to hurt a woman.
- Minor - War Wounds: Arn has seen his share of conflict, and has seldom escaped unscathed. However, one particular heavy wound to his left leg from a greatsword never healed properly. He cannot move very quickly, for very long, before the aches turn to sharp pains, and his mobility is heavily affected.
Arnulf Ehrhardt was a lord and bannerman of the Kingdom of Giwen. He served the King, and his House, honorably. Arn spent most of his life governing, and dealing with administrative responsibilities. Here and there he would take the field with his men to quell a danger or two, but it was a relatively peaceful life. He was a good man, who devoted his life to his station, and work. While he has indeed had a woman before, it never lasted, as his duty came first. After the Battle of the Eternal day, and the crushing defeat of the 3 kingdom alliance, Arn was forced to flee, after witnessing the execution of his king. fleeing west, he managed to avoid the Empire patrols searching for him, and arrive in the Kingdom of Arilaand. Safe, he quickly settled, and worked as a weapon and tool smith, repairing city guard weapons, and farmers tools. It wasn't the worst income, and he was able to eat every day. He decided to remain in Castle Leydford, and its surrounding village, until he knew what to do with himself. The people here were on hard times, but were kind, and community driven. This was as good a home as any...for now.